Terms and Conditions
- Mini-Kits and Copyright
- Paypal Including Credit Card Fees
- Product Stock and Back orders
- Warrantee Conditions
- Delivery Of Goods
- Kit Repairs
- Damaged Goods
- Return Of Goods
- Product End Use
- Customer Safety Responsibility
- Import Taxes Payable
- Australian GST Compliance
- Transmitting Kits
Mini-Kits is an Australian Registered Company, and is not associated with other companies using the word Minikits, or Mini-Kits in their advertising. Products are not available through secondary suppliers outside of Australia, and should not be confused with other Minikits products sold by other suppliers. The reference to Mini-Kits, or Mini-Kits pricing is not to be used on any other website as an advantage to sell other product. Please Note, All website content including Text and Pictures are Copyright to Mini-Kits and cannot be used on any other website without the permission from Mini-Kits. All Kits, Documentation, Artwork, and Software designed by Mini-Kits is subject to Copyright, and cannot be reproduced without the permission from Mini-Kits. Our Kits and Software are not to be used for commercial applications without our approval.
1. This Website adds a percentage fee to cover the fees and transaction charges that are charged to us when using Paypal, or credit cards through Paypal. The fee is shown in the checkout when Paypal is selected, showing the full fee cost. Currently for Australian customers we charge a Fee of 2.6% plus 30 cents, and International 3.6% plus 30 cents to cover the full costs for this service charged to us by Paypal.
2. Paypal no longer will refund fees If a payment transaction is cancelled. This can be due to a customer cancelling an order and requesting a refund, making mistakes with their order, or placing multiple orders and payments through the website. Many issues can be traced to customers mouse clicking, and not being familiar with how online stores or payment gateways operate. It is unrealistic to expect Mini-Kits to pay these costs, so Mini-Kits will not no longer refund Paypal fees that are charged.
3. Under current ACCC ruling we must disclose any fees and charges separately when quoting total pricing which this website does.
1. Mini-Kits keep a very large Inventory with many products in Bulk Stock quantities. All products that are in stock are sent next business day. Any products that are out of stock are placed on backorder, and an Email will be sent to you. Backorders will be sent out without further postal charges provided that the products were available on this WEB site at the time of your order.
2. Products that were not in stock at the time your ordered, or are special order items may be subject to an extra delivery charge. We prefer Special order items to be purchased on a separate order unless you are willing to wait for the goods to arrive before shipping what we have in stock.
3. Price and Availability are subject to change and can be checked before ordering. The Mini-Kits website is updated daily, and all prices and availability can be checked by viewing the Products Page. Generally everything on the website is in stock.
4. All products and quantities must be confirmed before ordering. If you want to change the quantities, or delete or add products from a Quote or Proforma Invoice, then please email us so that we can amend your Quote. All Orders require a quote due to the costs to ship some heavy and or bulky products.
5. When Ordering Large Quantities of Built Products, or for Bulk orders of Components, Please Call or email to ask for a Quotation on Price, and Estimated Delivery Time. We do give discounts when you buy a number of the same product.
6. Purchase Orders for Specially Built Products that have already been built within the Quoted Delivery time and then Cancelled, are subject to being Invoiced for any costs incurred by Mini-Kits.
7. Any Changes in Specifications for a Built Product from the original Quotation or Purchase Order, may be subject to extra charges being Invoiced.
1. All components supplied in our Kits are high grade and have a low failure rate in manufacture. Components like Semiconductors, MMIC's, GasFETs and Mitsubishi power modules, are extensively tested by the manufacturers and supplied in static safe packaging. Static safe handling and a grounded soldering iron should be used with high risk components.
2. Mini-Kits will not normally replace any damaged or supposedly faulty Kits or Components without us testing or identifying a defect in faulty workmanship or materials. We will always try and help you out with any problems that you may have with our products.
3. Mini-Kits will not pay for any claims due to loss of time including labor when building our Kit products. Kit builders should be aware that any Kit could have a faulty or out of specification component that could cause a Kit to not work or meet specifications. Mini-Kits only purchases high grade components from suppliers, or manufacturers that Guarantee them being genuine and meeting specification. Please contact us if you are having any difficulties constructing a Kit.
4. Mini-Kits will not be responsible for any of our products that may have been purchased to be used commercially, or for Military use. Mini-Kits policy is that all commercial purchasers must notify Mini-Kits on the end use of the product.
1. International Orders have limited Insurance for loss of goods. We use Australia Post Airmail that has a very reliable delivery service with an extremely low failure of delivery. It is recommended to only use Goods Tracking that is only available when selecting Standard or Express Airmail services. Please see the International Delivery section on the delivery web page for more information. Letter and Economy Airmail services Do Not have tracking and are not recommended for high value purchases.
2. Airmail delivery times from Australia are generally fast to the USA, UK, and NZ, but generally there can be some long delays to some European countries and Canada due to slower mail or customs delays in those countries. Please be Patient especially with letter and economy Airmail as it is usually very slow and cannot be tracked. With Tracked Standard or Express Airmail services please use the Australia Post Tracking page or your own countries mail service Website for parcel tracking.
3. We discourage customers that use Paypal to purchase goods from using the Paypal Protection Policy and holding Mini-Kits responsible for refunding money on goods lost in the mail system. Any non delivery of goods should be reported to Mini-Kits to investigate first before making any claims through the Paypal system. Goods claims cannot be made until at least 12 weeks after non delivery when using non tracked letter and economy Airmail.
1. All standard orders in Australia are sent by Australia Post and have limited Insurance for loss of goods. We use Australia Post that has a very reliable delivery service and an extremely low failure of delivery. It is recommended to only use Parcel or Express post which has parcel tracking. Please see the Australian Delivery section on the delivery web page for more information. Letter mail is very slow and cannot be tracked so it is not recommended unless the goods value is low.
2. For non delivery of Goods, Please use the Australia Post Website tracking first before contacting Mini-Kits. Please be Patient with letter mail as it is usually very slow and cannot be tracked.
3. The risk to Goods is not the responsibility of Mini-Kits once they have been delivered to Australia Post. The Goods then become the responsibility of the Customer which then has consumer rights to the goods being delivered by the carrier. Please see the Australian Delivery section on the delivery web page for more information.
1. If you have trouble with your Kit, Mini-Kits can either help you repair it, or we can repair it for you. For us to repair your Kit, it must be assembled to a satisfactory standard. Please Email first before sending any products back for repair.
2. For Australian Customers. A repair charge of $33.00 AUD applies, which covers minor parts, labour and return postage. If a Kit requires extensive work and a large replacement of components, then we will contact you with a quotation for the repair.
3. For International Customers please Email, as there are extra costs for Airmail return.
Mini-Kits is not responsible for goods once they have been delivered to Australia Post for delivery. Mini-Kits will assist to help and liaise with Australia Post with claims for damaged goods. Mini-Kits tries to package the goods to avoid damage due to dropping, but fragile products like ferrite and iron cores can be easily damaged, and it is up to the customer to select the appropriate shipping in the checkout to avoid damage.
Goods can only be returned with authorization by Email first. Goods can be returned within 14 days for a full refund excluding postal charges provided that they are in the original unmarked condition when sold. Returns do not apply to semiconductors, or Goods that were Special Orders. Mini-Kits will not refund postal charges, Bank or Paypal fees, or pay for return postage. Refunds for Australian customers are by direct Bank debit, only.
1. Buyers may be asked to disclose the end use of the product before we will sell to them. Some products are not able to be sold into some countries as they have export restrictions. You will need to check the Imports section of your Postal Mail Website for banned or prohibited items.
1. Mini-Kits cannot be held responsible for any damages due to the failure of electronic components supplied by manufacturers, or incorrect Kit construction causing electronic component explosion or fire. Safety glasses must always be worn when soldering, or when cutting and drilling in construction. Molten solder can be dangerous if it is flicked off of soldering irons, and commonly causes eye injury.
2. Soldering over time can cause health problems including Asthma. It is highly recommended to use good ventilation, and or solder fume extraction when soldering, especially if you suffer from Asthma. Burning of enamel on enameled copper wire should also be avoided, as it has similar health concerns to soldering. Please refer to MSDS safety data sheets for these products that are available from the manufacturers.
3. All Kits should be initially tested wearing safety glasses, and a current regulated power supply. Electrolytic capacitors inserted reverse polarity are prone to exploding, and can cause eye injury. All completed Kits should be fitted with a suitable fuse, or circuit breaker to the power supply for safety. Mini-Kits are not liable for any damages to articles including electronic equipment with which our products are attached to, or modified to use in conjunction with.
4. Please Note that Mini-Kits cannot be responsible or held liable for the use of any of our Products outside of Australia, including its technical compliance with local regulations and laws. We make every effort to ensure that Transmitter products including RF Power Amplifiers are only sold to customers that are allowed to use them.
1. Countries outside of Australia normally have to pay Import Taxes to their Postal Mail service on delivery of the goods. Please refer to your countries mail services Website for more information on possible Taxes payable for the goods value excluding freight delivery charges. It is not up to Mini-Kits to advise or charge the total amount of tax payable in your country. For UK customer please see https://services.royalmail.com/customs/receiving-mail-outside-the-european-union
2. Countries outside of Australia are not required to pay Australian GST, so for correct export pricing in AU$ enter your country into the shopping cart shipping estimate.
3. Mini-Kits cannot be expected to value the goods lower on customs export documents so that the customer can avoid paying Import taxes. To keep Import Taxes low or non payable please check your countries postal mail Website for information on Import Taxes for goods value, and use Standard Airmail that has tracking and keep the value of goods low when ordering.
1. All Pricing on this Website includes 10% Goods and Services Tax ( GST ) as per the ACCC requirements for Australian Business.
2. Mini-Kits is GST Registered, and issues a Tax Invoice in accordance with the ( ATO ), Australian Taxation Office guidelines, and the Invoice will show the GST separately. For all goods sold on or after the 1st of July 2000, will include GST at the rate of 10% on all Products and Services. This also includes Post and Packaging, Delivery, and Labour Charges which are now subject to GST.
3. Exports are not subject to GST, and the GST is deducted for customers outside of Australia when selecting your country for shipping in the shopping cart.
1. Please Note: Most Kits are for advanced constructors with some experience with UHF construction techniques and alignment. Some Kits are supplied with tiny surface mount components and require good eyesight. All Kits are extensively tested to ensure that they will have consistent and predictable performance from Kit to Kit. Kits are provided with construction notes, circuit diagrams, component pin out data, and PC board overlay diagrams where required, to assist with construction. Mini-Kits provides a Kit Help section on this website that you should always consult before contacting us. Many Kits have their own web pages to assist those that may be having difficulty constructing or making a Kit work.
2. Most Kits can be supplied as built and tested PC boards less the box and mounting hardware. A Spectrum Analyzer and Microwave Power meter would be useful when building any of the Microwave and Local Oscillator Kits, but this is not essential.
1. For Australian Customers. Transmitting Kits Including Power Amplifiers will not be sold to unlicensed operators. All Transmitting Kits listed in the Kit section, require the operator to have the applicable Radio license Qualifications under the Australian Communications Authorities, Apparatus License for Radio Amateurs, or Professional Qualifications allowing the use of such equipment. Illegal operation of a Radio Transmitter attracts penalties under the Radio Communications Act, and can cause interference to Primary communication services and the Secondary Amateur Radio Services.
2. For International Customers. Mini-Kits cannot be responsible or held liable for the use of any of our Products outside of Australia, including its technical compliance with local regulations and laws. We make every effort to ensure that Transmitter products including RF Power Amplifiers are only sold to customers that are allowed to use them. Some countries Do Not allow Radio related equipment or components to be imported.